UW Ethnomusicology Archives video recordings: Gamelan Sekar Jaya recordings: Kembali: To Return, 1989 PDF
- Jaya, Gamelan Sekar
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives video recordings: Gamelan Sekar Jaya recordings: Kembali: To Return
- 1 videotapes : EC - 1 vct (VHS, color); Duration: 00:46:00
- Collection Number
- Gamelan music performed by Gamelan Sekar Jaya (Oakland, CA); chronicles visit to Bali to perform at the annuals arts festival.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Access is restricted.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Gamelan Sekar Jaya (GSJ) is a sixty-member company of musicians and dancers, based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Founded in 1979, the company specializes in the performing arts of Bali. GSJ has performed in venues ranging from New York's Symphony Space to LA's Hollywood Bowl to remote village squares in Bali. GSJ fosters artistic exchange between Bali and the United States through residencies, workshops, performances, and the creation of innovative new works for music and dance.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Published by Ideas in Motion.
Producers: Lynn Adler, Jim Mayer, John Rogers; Director: Jim Mayer; Writer: John Rogers; Narrator, Carolyn Cox; Music Director: Michael Tenzer; Composers: Michael Tenzer, Wayne Vitale; Choreography: Keith Terry.
Archives copy donated by Hiromi Lorraine Sakata, August 2012.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Balinese--Asia--Southeast Asia
- Geographical Names :
- Indonesia--Asia--Southeast Asia