James A. Blodgett Photographs and Ephemera, 1937-1938 PDF
- Blodgett, James Anderton
- James A. Blodgett Photographs and Ephemera
- 1937-1938 (inclusive)19371938
- 0.03 cubic foot, including 24 photographs, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- The Blodgett Photographs and Ephemera consist of photographs taken by James A. Blodgett, during his student years at Oregon State College and two ephemeral items from the 1938 Military Ball. The images depict farm crops field trips throughout Oregon, ROTC summer camp in Washington, and Oregon State campus views. Blodgett graduated from Oregon State College in 1939.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
James A. Blodgett attended Oregon State College from 1934 to 1939 and graduated with a BS in Agriculture in 1939. Blodgett served in the military from 1940 to 1960 and returned to Oregon State College in 1960-1961 to earn a teaching certificate. He was born in Blodgett, Oregon, in 1915; graduated from Philomath High School; and died in Corvallis in 1988.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The James A. Blodgett Papers and Ephemera consist of 24 photographic prints and two items of ephemera. The photographs, taken by Blodgett, show farm crops field trips throughout Oregon, the ROTC summer camp in Washington, and Oregon State campus views. The field trip images include an experimental hop yard, a bent grass field in Florence, wheat field in Moro, a smudge pot in an orchard in Medford, 4000 acres of peat at Geary Ranch in Klamath County, May Day program in Hubbard (Ore.), the Hermiston Experiment Station, and Bonneville Dam. The campus views include a photograph of Benton Hall and of cadets being photographed by Howells Studio. The ephemera consist of a ticket stub and dance card for the 1938 Scabbard and Blade Military Ball.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
James A. Blodgett Photographs and Ephemera, Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Agricultural education--Oregon.
- Military education--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Corporate Names :
- Howell's Studio.
- Oregon State College--Students.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Dance cards.
- Photographic prints.