Gifford Cheshire manuscripts, 1966-1969 PDF
- Cheshire, Gifford P., 1905-
- Gifford Cheshire manuscripts
- 1966-1969 (inclusive)19661969
- 0.5 linear feet, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- Ax 375
- Gifford P. Cheshire (1905- ) is a writer of western novels. The collection (1966-1969) contains manuscripts of Wenatchee Bend, and Ambush at Bedrock, and also copies of the published books.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Gifford P. Cheshire (1905- ) was born in Cheshire, Oregon, which was named after his grandfather. He attended Junction City primary schools, and also attended Oregon State College for a short time.
Cheshire began writing for publication in 1934. His first book, Starlight Basin, was published in 1954. Wenatchee Bend was published by Doubleday, in 1966. He published twenty-nine western novels between 1954 and 1967.
Cheshire also wrote stories for magazines and other publications, and between 1954-1967, he published 365 stories.
Among the pseudonyms used by Cheshire are Chad Merriman, Paul Craig, Glenn Corbin, and Ford Pendleton.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Manuscript material includes draft manuscript, printer's copy with corrections, galleys, and page proofs.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Gifford Cheshire manuscripts, Ax 375, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Authors, American--Oregon
- Authors, American--Oregon--Manuscripts
- Western stories--Authorship
- Personal Names :
- Cheshire, Gifford P., 1905-
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication