Joseph W. McMurrin papers, 1896-1925 PDF
- McMurrin, Joseph W., 1858-1932
- Joseph W. McMurrin papers
- 1896-1925 (inclusive)18961925
- 0.5 linear feet
- Collection Number
- The Joseph W. McMurrin papers (1896-1925) consist of his diaries, three notebooks of quotations and ideas for talks, typed notes on notecards, the 1930 " Messenger: San Francisco Stake of Zion," and miscellaneous newspaper clippings. Joseph W. McMurrin (1858-1932) was the son of Joseph McMurrin and Margaret Leaning. He was ordained a Seventy in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) in 1884 and sustained as one of the First Seven Presidents (becoming a General Authority of the LDS Church) in October 1897 and served until his death in October 1932.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
The orginal diaries in the first eight folders have been transferred to the Reserve collection and may be examined on request.
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Joseph W. McMurrin papers (1896-1925) consist of his diaries from 1896-1901, 1907, and 1925; three notebooks of quotations and ideas for talks; typed notes on notecards, the 1930 "Messenger: San Francisco Stake of Zion," and miscellaneous newspaper clippings.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.
Permission to publish material from the Joseph W. McMurrin papers must be obtained from the Special Collections Manuscript Curator.
Initial Citation: Joseph W. McMurrin papers, Accn 1029, Box [ ]. Special Collections and Archives. University of Utah, J. Willard Marriott. Salt Lake City, Utah.
Following Citations:Accn 1029.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Joseph W. McMurrin Papers, 1896-1925Return to Top
Container(s): Box 1
These are color printouts from scans of the orginal diaries.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Mormon Church--Missions--Denmark
- Mormon Church--Missions--England
- Mormons--Missionary experiences--Denmark
- Mormons--Missionary experiences--England
- Personal Names :
- McMurrin, Joseph W.--Diaries
- Form or Genre Terms :