A Dairy Program for Oregon Scrapbook, 1929 PDF
- A Dairy Program for Oregon Scrapbook
- 1929 (inclusive)19291929
- 0.05 cubic foot, including 4 photographs, (1 oversize box)
- Collection Number
- MSS Dairy
- The A Dairy Program for Oregon Scrapbook documents the publicity and promotion activities leading up to the 1929 statewide convention for revision of Oregon's dairy program.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Oregon Agricultural College (OAC) Extension Service was instrumental in the publicity and promotion activities that preceded a statewide convention at OAC in March 1929 pertaining to the dairy industry in Oregon. The convention had its origin in a series of more than 100 articles on "Making Oregon the Great Dairy State" published in the Oregon Journal by Marshall N. Dana. The convention received reports and made recommendations on the economic status and financing of the dairy industry; marketing, grades, and standards; production and management; and disease control. The convention recommended a gradual expansion of the dairy industry in Oregon and established the Oregon Dairy Improvement Council.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The A Dairy Program for Oregon Scrapbook documents the publicity and promotion activities leading up to the 1929 statewide Convention for the Revision of Oregon's Dairy Program held at Oregon Agricultural College in 1929. The scrapbook includes publications, clippings, correspondence, and photographs. Some of the clippings are written by Marshall N. Dana of the Oregon Journal. The publications were issued by the Extension Service.
The creator of the scrapbook is not identified.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
A Dairy Program for Oregon Scrapbook, Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Agricultural extension work--Oregon.
- Dairy products--Oregon.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints.
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Dana, Marshall N. (Marshall Newport), b. 1885. (creator)
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon Agricultural College. Extension Service. (creator)