David McCully Butcher Store account book, 1875 PDF
- David McCully Store (Salem, Or.)McCully, David
- David McCully Butcher Store account book
- 0.025 linear feet, (1 volume)
- Collection Number
- B 044
- David McCully was an Oregon pioneer who became a successful businessman, owning a general store and butcher shop in Salem, Oregon, and as one of the incorporators of People's Transportation Co, in 1862. The collection (1875) contains an account book for the butcher shop in Salem.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
David McCully, came to Oregon from Iowa in 1852, and became a joint owner (with A.A. McCully) of a general store, and of a butcher shop in Salem. He was also one of the incorporators of People's Transportation Co, in 1862.
His daughter, Mary J. McCully, married John Creighton, and McCully also later invest in some of Creighton's enterprises.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The butcher shop account book is organized by account name, and is very full of information.
The records of the general store can be found in the People's Transportation Co. records; please see the related materials note.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], David McCully Butcher Store account book, B 044, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Business enterprises--Oregon--Salem
- Corporate Names :
- David McCully Store (Salem, Or.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Account books