Arthur D. Fuller papers, 1916-1960 PDF
- Field and stream.Fuller, Arthur D. (Arthur Davenport), 1889-1966
- Arthur D. Fuller papers
- 1916-1960 (inclusive)19161960
- 6.0 linear feet, (3 containers)
- Collection Number
- Ax 324
- Arthur D. Fuller (1889-1966) was an illustrator and artist for newspapers, periodicals, and books, and whose specialty was the illustration of hunting and fishing scenes and outdoor action. The collection (1916-1960) contains sketchbooks, drawings, watercolors, oils, and etchings, published examples of Fuller's work, and correspondence.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Arthur D. Fuller (1889-1966) was born in Exeter, New Hampshire, and educated at Harvard College and the Chicago Academy of Fine Arts.
Fuller worked for several newspapers, and then as an illustrator for periodicals, including Harper's, Saturday Evening Post, and Colliers.
Fuller's specialty was the illustration of hunting and fishing scenes and outdoor action. He illustrated covers for Field and Stream for more than thirty years, and he also illustrated books.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection (1916-1960) consists of over 200 individual drawings, watercolors, oils, and etchings, published examples of his work in serials and books, including Field and Stream covers, a sketch book, autobiographical notes, correspondence, and photographs.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Arthur D. Fuller papers, Ax 324, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Animals in art
- Drawing, American--20th century
- Etching, American--20th century
- Fishing in art
- Hunting in art
- Illustrated periodicals--United States--History--20th century
- Illustration of books--United States--20th century
- Illustrators--United States
- Magazine illustration--United States--20th century
- Outdoor life in art
- Painting, American--20th century
- Watercolor painting, American--20th century
- Personal Names :
- Fuller, Arthur D. (Arthur Davenport), 1889-1966
- Fuller, Arthur D. (Arthur Davenport), 1889-1966--Correspondence
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Book illustrations
- Periodical illustrations