Joseph Emery Lecture Notebook, ca. 1872 PDF
- Emery, Joseph, 1833-1924.
- Joseph Emery Lecture Notebook
- ca. 1872 (inclusive)18721872
- 0.1 cubic ft.
- Collection Number
- Consult repository.
- The Emery Lecture Notebook contains geology lecture notes and entries regarding subscriptions to purchase the original campus of Corvallis College.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Joseph Emery was born June 2, 1833 in Pennsylvania. Emery taught at Corvallis College from 1867 to 1885, including mathematics, physics, geology, and physiology. He helped to raise the funds to purchase the original lands for the OSU campus. In 1885 Emery left Corvallis and became an agent for the U.S. Indian Agency at Klamath [Falls]. He died January 18, 1924 at Salinas, California.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Consists of geology lecture notes used by Emery at Corvallis College around 1872. Also includes entries for the Agricultural Farm "old subscription" for 1870 and 1871. This probably refers to the fundraising efforts to pay for the original college campus.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Joseph Emery Lecture Notebook, Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Geology--Study and teaching (Higher)
- Corporate Names :
- Corvallis College.