- Lyle Grimes collection relating to Jazz
- 1955-1964 (inclusive)19551964
- 6 linear feet, (4 containers, 1 package) : 4 clam shell boxes, 1 package
- Collection Number
- Coll 083
- Lyle Grimes was a collector of Jazz related information. The collection contains record catalogs , lists and reviews, personality profiles of musicians, jazz booklets and bibliography, artwork, clippings, and scrapbooks.
University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Lyle Grimes was a collector of Jazz related information.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains record catalogs, lists and reviews, personality profiles of musicians, jazz booklets and bibliography, artwork, clippings, and scrapbooks.
Record catalogs include Blacktone Index to Jazz, A-E, a catalogue of notes organized by record label, number, title, and musician.
Record lists include popular music by year (1715-1950).
Record reviews include The Gramophone Magazine (1955-1964), and other sources (1955-1960).
There are scrapbooks of clippings and one scrapbook of memorabilia collected in England in 1957.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Jazz musicians
- Popular music--20th century
- Form or Genre Terms :