Arthur B. Pracna papers, 1902-1921 PDF
- Pracna, Arthur B.
- Arthur B. Pracna papers
- 1902-1921 (inclusive)19021921
- 5 linear feet
- Collection Number
- 0024 (Accession No. 0024-001)
- Papers of an engineer
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Access restricted: For terms of access, contact Special Collections for details.
Records stored offsite; advance notice required for use.
- Additional Reference Guides
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Arthur B. Pracna was an architect who specialized in lumber and shingle mills in the Pacific Northwest during the early twentieth century. He was born in Minnesota in 1878 and began his business in Everett, Washington in 1902. He continued to work and live in the Seattle area until his death in 1948. He also designed and patented a swivel band-saw guide for use in these mills.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Correspondence, documents, journal.
Letters of recommendation, specifications, agreements, ledgers and journal relating to the work of an Everett designer.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Creator's literary rights not transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Industrial design
- Milling machinery
- Mills and mill-work--Washington (State)
- Planing-mills--Northwest, Pacific--Design and construction
- Personal Names :
- Pracna, Arthur B.--Archives
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- Canyon Lumber Company (Everett, Wash.) (creator)
- Clark-Nickerson Lumber Company (Everett, Wash.) (creator)
- Fraser River Saw Mills, Ltd. (B.C.) (creator)
- Weyerhaeuser Timber Company (creator)