Boyd R. Overhulse papers, 1957-1964 PDF
- Overhulse, Boyd R., 1909-1966
- Boyd R. Overhulse papers
- 1957-1964 (inclusive)19571964
- 3.0 linear feet, (2 containers)
- Collection Number
- Ax 515
- Boyd R. Overhulse (1909-1966) became district attorney of Jefferson County, Oregon, served in the state House, 1951-1955, and also served as a Democrat in the state Senate, 1961-1965. The collection contains minutes and accompanying documents of Oregon State Senate committees on which Overhulse served, correspondence, and exhibit material.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Boyd R. Overhulse (1909-1966) was born in Watertown, South Dakota and graduated from the University of Oregon's School of Law. Overhulse became district attorney of Jefferson County, Oregon. He served as a state representative from Oregon's 25th District between 1951 and 1955. He also served as a Democrat in the Oregon Senate from the 19th District, 1961-1965.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The papers consist of minutes and accompanying documents of Oregon State Senate committees on which Overhulse served, including the Constitutional Revision Committee, 1963; Elections Committee, 1963; Judiciary Committee, 1959, 1961, 1963; Public Buildings and Institutions Committee, 1963; State and Federal Affairs Committee, 1963; Taxation Committee, 1963 and special session, 1963.
There are also minutes and exhibits of the Legislative Interim Committee on Natural Resources, 1961-1962, and the Legislative Interim Committee on Taxation, 1963-1964.
Correspondence consists of letters from constituents and lobbyists in 1957.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Boyd R. Overhulse papers, Ax 515, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Personal Names :
- Overhulse, Boyd R., 1909-1966
- Geographical Names :
- Oregon--Politics and government
- Form or Genre Terms :