The Adelphian Literary Society, which began around 1882, was likely the first literary society at the Corvallis College and State Agricultural College. Unlike many later societies, it was open to both men and women. It disbanded in 1889 and transferred its library to the college.
Materials relate to the organization and activities of the society. The trust agreement pertains to the society's dissolution in 1889 and the transfer of its library to the college. All records are in both paper and microfilm formats.
Adelphian Literary Society Records (RG 48), Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.