International Webern Society Records, 1962-1989 PDF
- International Webern Society
- International Webern Society Records
- 1962-1989 (inclusive)19621989
- 4 containers., (2 linear feet of shelf space.)
- Collection Number
- Cage 610
- Correspondence, minutes, financial records, membership rosters, newsletters, and programs from musical performances, all related to this organization for the encouragement of study and performance of the music composed by Anton Webern. Correspondants include Peter Armstrong, Paul Hedwall, Wallace McKenzie, Hans Moldenhauer and Robert Riseling.
- Washington State University Libraries, Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections.
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The International Webern Society was founded in 1962. The efforts of Hans Moldenhauer, a musicologist from Spokane, Washington, and biographer of Anton von Webern, were of considerable importance in bring the organization into being and long played a major role in the Society. The purpose of the organization was to encourage study and performance of the music of Anton von Webern. The organization was managed by officers at various locations, chiefly in the United States. The organization was dissolved in 1990.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Records of the International Webern Society consist of correspondence, minutes, fiscal records, membership lists, newsletters, and programs from music performances. Principal correspondents are Peter Armstrong, Paul Hedwall, Wallace McKenzie, Hans Moldenhauer, and Robert Riseling.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
[Item Description]. Cage 610, International Webern Society Records. Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
The following section contains a detailed listing of the materials in the collection.
|1||Membership records, 3 card files||1962-1966|
|1||1||Documents associated with organization of the Webern Society||1963-1972|
|1||1||Bank account records||1963-1967|
|1||2||Membership lists and mailing label matrix sheets||1967- 1980|
|2||3||Bills, deposit records, checks and other fiscal records||1967-1979|
|2||6||Cash account book||1978-1984|
|2||7||Ledger of membership accounts||1964-1973|
|3||9||Webern Memorial, Mittersall concert. Correspondence||1967|
|3||10||Officers' correspondence. Robb, Riseling, Hedwall, McKenzie, Moldenhauer||1967-1979|
|3||11||Officers' correspondence. Moldenhauer, McKenzie, Brandt||1980-1982|
|3||12||Correspondence regarding the Webern Centennial Festival, Vienna||1983|
|3||13||Correspondence and information from members||1967-1983|
|3||14||Membership communications. Requests, dues, payments||1967- 1987|
|3||15||Correspondence relative miscellaneous matters.||1967-1979|
|3||16||London Sinfonietta, South Bank. Webern Concert Series||1978|
|3||17||Programs. McKenzie's notes on Vienna performances||1969-1970|
|4||19||Hans Moldenhauer. Letters, and related papers||1968-1982|
|4||20-21||Hans Moldenhauer. International Webern Society, Moldenhauer Archives||1968-1983|
|4||22||Tape recording, with letter by Peter Armstrong, of recital in 1982--Webern, Scriabin, Schoenberg||1982|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Personal Names :
- Armstrong, Peter
- Hedwall, Paul, 1939-1979
- McKenzie, Wallace
- Moldenhauer, Hans
- Riseling, Robert
- Webern, Anton 1883-1945--Societies, etc.
- Corporate Names :
- International Webern Society --Archives (creator)
- International Webern Society--Records and correspondence