Edward John Hanzlik papers, 1921-1934 PDF
- Hanzlik, Edward John, 1886-1959
- Edward John Hanzlik papers
- 1921-1934 (inclusive)19211934
- 2.5 linear feet, (4 containers)
- Collection Number
- Ax 142
- Edward John Hanzlik (1886-1959) was a graduate of the University of Washington College of Forestry, 1912 and spent most of his career in the Pacific Northwest in the field of forest management. The collection contains field diaries, articles, an account book, Xi Sigma Pi correspondence, and photographs.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Additional Reference Guides
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Edward John Hanzlik (1886-1959) was a graduate of the University of Washington College of Forestry, 1912. He spent most of his career in the Pacific Northwest in the field of forest management.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains field diaries, articles, an account book, Xi Sigma Pi correspondence, and photographs.
The field diaries are from Hanzlik's work with the Forest Service, and are from 1921-1934.
There are also folders containing notes and articles written for the Oregonian, an account book (1929-1933), Xi Sigma Pi correspondence (1923 - 1931), other miscellaneous papers, and photographs of family and of forests and logging, some with descriptions on the back.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Edward John Hanzlik papers, Ax 142, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Forest management--Northwest, Pacific
- Form or Genre Terms :