Special Panel on the University of Montana-Missoula Athletic Deficit collection, 1999-2004 PDF
- Mayer, Michael S.
- Special Panel on the University of Montana-Missoula Athletic Deficit collection
- 1999-2004 (inclusive)19992004
- 0.7 linear feet and 1 electronic file
75.91 megabytes of digital material
- Collection Number
- Mss 804
- In 2004 the Special Panel on the University of Montana-Missoula Athletic Deficit reviewed a chronology of events, budgets, university accounting procedures, Athletic Department finance process procedures, relevant personnel, findings, and recommendations. The collection includes the information gathered, newsclippings, correspondence and a final report to the Montana Board of Regents.
- University of Montana, Mansfield Library, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
University of Montana
32 Campus Dr. #9936
- Access Restrictions
Researchers must use collection in accordance with the policies of Archives and Special Collections, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, and The University of Montana-Missoula.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
By February of 2004 accounting overview processes at The University of Montana-Missoula revealed an Athletic Department deficit of nearly one million dollars. In March 2004, Commissioner of Higher Education Sheila Stearns announced the formation of a Special Panel on the UM Athletic Deficit. The Special Panel met March through May of 2004 gathering background information, reviewing budgets, procedures, interviewing relevant persons and summarizing findings and recommendations. The final result was a report presented to the Montana Board of Regents on May 20th, 2004.
Michael S. Mayer, a professor of history at the University of Montana-Missoula, served on the Special Panel on the University of Montana-Missoula Athletic Deficit.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection consists of Michael Mayer's files of the information gathered by the Special Panel on the University of Montana-Missoula Athletic Deficit, including newsclippings, correspondence and a final report to the Montana Board of Regents, 2004.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. and any other applicable statutes. Copyright not transferred to The University of Montana-Missoula.
[Name of document or photograph number], Special Panel on the University of Montana-Missoula Athletic Deficit, Archives and Special Collections, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, The University of Montana-Missoula.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1/1||Special Panel, Executive Summary draft||undated|
|1/2||Special Panel, Background, draft and research||2004|
|1/3||Special Panel, Proposed Finding, Wayne Hogan remarks to panel, draft||2004|
|1/4||Special Panel, Finding Summaries||2004|
|1/5||Special Panel, Deficit reduction information and plan||2004|
|1/6||Special Panel, Findings and Recomendations, drafts||2004|
|1/7||Special Panel, Proposed Findings draft||2004|
|1/8||Special Panel, Charges, reports, and research||2004|
|1/9||Special Panel, Meeting minutes||2004|
|1/10||Special Panel, Financial statements and audit information||1999-2004|
|1/11||Special Panel, Correspondence and reports||2004|
|1/12||Bid award review, charter flights for '03 football season||2002-2003|
|1/13||Procurement card audit||2001-2004|
|1/14||Working binder, agendas and general information||undated|
|1/15||Working binder, [downloaded] news articles||2004|
|1/16||Working binder, Select Editorials||2004|
|1/17||Working binder, Regent Athletic Report||2001-2003|
|1/18||Working binder, Regent Policies||undated|
|1/19||Working binder, Athletic Department||2002-2004|
|1/20||Working binder, Fiscal UM Analysis||2004|
|2/1||Working binder, NCAA Findings||2003-2004|
|2/2||Special Panel on The University of Montana Athletic Deficit [final report] Presented to the Board of Regents, May 20th, 2004||2004|
|Electronic File||Special Panel on the University of Montana Athletic Deficit [final report] Presented to the Board of Regents, May 20th, 2004||2004|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Governmental investigations--Montana
- Montana--Politics and government--20th century
- Corporate Names :
- Montana University System. Board of Regents
- Montana. Special Panel on the University of Montana-Missoula Athletic Deficit
- University of Montana--Missoula. Athletic Department
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- Montana. Special Panel on the University of Montana-Missoula Athletic Deficit (contributor)