Blaine Family Papers, 1849-1864 PDF
- Blaine, Catherine, 1829-1908, and Blaine, David, 1824-1900
- Blaine Family Papers
- 1849-1864 (inclusive)18491864
- 0.25 linear feet, (1 bound manuscript including one photograph)
- Collection Number
- The collection is bound volume of transcribed letters documenting the travels of the Blaines and their life in the Puget Sound area of Washington state. The volume also contains papers and genealogical information.
- University of Puget Sound, Archives & Special Collections
University of Puget Sound Archives & Special Collections
Collins Memorial Library
1500 N. Warner St.
- Access Restrictions
This collection is available for research.
- Funding for preparing this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Reverend David E. Blaine (1824-1900) was an authority for the Methodist Episcopal Church in Seattle, Washington (1853-1856), and in Oregon: in Portland (1856), Oregon City (1856-1859) and Lebanon (1859-1862). He also ministered in New York and Pennsylvania (1873-1882).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Transcription of the original letters of Rev. David Blaine and his wife Catherine written from New York, at sea, and from Washington State (Olympia, Seattle, etc.) after their journey to the Pacific Northwest. They deal in some detail with family matters and the events of daily life for a pastor and his family in the Puget Sound area of Washington. The letters were compiled by E. L. Blaine in 1932.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Methodist Church--Oregon--Clergy
- Methodist Church--Washington (State)--Clergy
- Methodist Episcopal Church
- Pioneers--Washington (State)
- Family Names :
- Blaine Family
- Geographical Names :
- Washington (State)