Arnold Arneson papers, 1922-1947 PDF
- Arneson, Arnold, 1885-1957
- Arnold Arneson papers
- 1922-1947 (inclusive)19221947
- 1.0 linear feet, (2 containers)
- Collection Number
- Ax 105
- Arnold Arneson was a forest ranger in the state of Washington's Tieton district. The collection comprises diaries from the 1920s and 1940s that describe his daily activities as a ranger, as well as miscellaneous papers from the 1920s regarding ranger duties.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Arnold Arneson lived from 1885 to 1957 and worked as a forest ranger in the Tieton district of Washington (State).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection includes Arneson's official diaries, which report on his work as a forest ranger in the Tieton district in Washington, including such matters as trail building, fire fighting, timber sales, inspecting, and office work. Diaries span from 1922-1931 and 1941-1947. Also included is one folder of miscellaneous papers from 1920 to 1928 concering ranger duties.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Arnold Arneson Papers, Ax 105, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Series I: DiariesReturn to Top
Loose leaf pages, not in folders.
Bounded with string, not in folders.
Series II: papersReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Fire extinction--Washington (State)--Tieton Region
- Forest management--Washington (State)--Tieton Region
- Forest rangers--Washington (State)--Tieton Region
- Trails--Washington (State)--Tieton Region--Design and construction
- Personal Names :
- Arneson, Arnold, 1885-1957--Diaries
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Diaries--Washington (State)--Tieton Region