Walter R. Dimm photograph albums, 1917-1919 PDF
- Walter R. Dimm photograph albums
- 1917-1919 (inclusive)19171919
- .5 cubic feet (193 photographs in 2 albums)
- Collection Number
- Org. Lot 1182
- 193 black and white photographs in 2 albums, 1917-1919, containing images from Walter R. Dimm's experiences as a 2nd Lieutenant, Company E, 309th Regiment of Engineers, American Expeditionary Forces in France during World War I.
- Oregon Historical Society, Davies Family Research Library
Davies Family Research Library
Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
- Conversion of this record was made possible by a grant from the National Historic Publications and Records Commission, an agency of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
193 black and white photographs in 2 albums, 1917-1919, containing images from Walter R. Dimm's experiences as a 2nd Lieutenant, Company E, 309th Regiment of Engineers, American Expeditionary Forces in France during World War I. Subjects include: tanks, military graveyards, the American Red Cross in Saveny, the town of St. Germain in France, ruined buildings in France, quarries, ships, German POWs, etc. Many members of his regiment are identified.
Other Descriptive InformationReturn to Top
Collection includes Album 559 and Album 560.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society is the owner of the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Research Library before any reproduction use. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all of the materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use may require seeking additional authorization from the copyright owners.
Walter R. Dimm Photograph Albums, Org. Lot 1182, Oregon Historical Society Research Library.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Battleships -- Photographs.
- Buildings -- War damage -- France -- Photographs.
- Cemeteries -- France -- Photographs.
- Military life -- 20th century -- Photographs.
- Prisoners of war -- France -- Photographs.
- Quarries and quarrying -- France -- Photographs.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France -- Photographs.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Equipment and supplies -- Photographs.
- Corporate Names :
- American Red Cross -- Photographs.
- United States. -- Army. -- American Expeditionary Forces. -- Engineers Regiment, 309th. -- Company E -- Photographs.
- Family Names :
- Dimm, Walter R. -- Photographs.
- Geographical Names :
- Saint-Germain-en-Laye (France) -- Photographs.
- Savenay (France) -- Photographs.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographs. -- aat