Miriam L. Condon papers, 1914-1968 PDF
- Condon, Miriam L.
- Miriam L. Condon papers
- 1914-1968 (inclusive)19141968
- 1.0 linear feet, (1 container, 6 folders. )
- Collection Number
- A 237
- Miriam L. Condon was a writer of stories for young people, and was possibly a relative of Frank Condon. The collection (1892-1968) contains correspondence including letters from publishers, manuscripts of anecdotes, poems, and short stories, legal documents, including deeds and contracts belonging to Frank Condon, photographs and historical postcards, negatives, and a travel notebook of a trip to Mexico.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Additional Reference Guides
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection (1892-1968) contains correspondence including letters from publishers, manuscripts for anecdotes, poems, and short stories, legal documents related to Frank Condon, photographs and historical postcards, negatives, and a travel notebook of a trip to Mexico.
Correspondence is separated into incoming and outgoing sections. Incoming letters are arranged alphabetically by name or title of company, and includes letters from publishers (1914-1968). Outgoing letters are arranged by date, 1959-1968.
There are manuscripts for anecdotes, poems, and short stores, and some titles include drafts and final versions.
The collection also contains four deeds belonging to Frank Condon (1892-1910), Frank Condon's teaching contracts (1906-1910), other legal documents belonging to Miriam Condon, submission records for manuscripts by Miriam Condon sent to publishers, and Miriam Condon's travel notebook of a trip to Mexico, all in a folder labeled, "Miscellaneous."
Photographs were removed from the collection for preservation reasons and are stored under the call number, PH220. Photographs include prints, historical Oregon postcards, and negatives.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Miriam L. Condon papers, A 237, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
0.5 linear feet
Condon, Miriam L.
|not yet assigned|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Children's literature, American--Authorship
- Women authors, American--20th century
- Women authors, American--20th century--Correspondence
- Personal Names :
- Condon, Miriam L.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication
- Short stories