- University of Idaho. Library. Special Collections Dept.
- Priest River Experiment Station Annual Reports
- 1911-1913 (inclusive)19111913
- 0.25 cubic feet
- Collection Number
- MG 5755
- Bound volume of the 1911, 1912, and 1913 annual reports of the Priest River [Idaho] Experiment Station.
- University of Idaho Library, Special Collections and Archives
Special Collections and Archives
University of Idaho Library
875 Perimeter Drive
- Access Restrictions
The manuscript group is open to the public. Researchers must use the collection in accordance with the policies of the University of Idaho Special Collections and Archives.
- This collection is in English.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
In 1911, the U.S. Forest Service set aside the Priest River Experimental Forest as a forestry research center. The forest served as the headquarters for the Priest River Forest Experiment Station until 1930 when the forest was incorporated into the Northern Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. The Rocky Mountain Research Station from the Moscow, Idaho, Forestry Sciences Laboratory, currently administers the forest.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The three annual reports are bound as single volume with the title “Annual Reports 1911-1913” printed on the spine. Donald R. Brewster wrote the 1912 and 1913 reports, and possibly the 1911 one. The reports are typewritten carbon copies except for caption pages for photographic prints interlaced throughout each report; these pages appear to be originals. Some photographs are missing, and the title pages for the reports must have been added after they were originally written, as they bear the name, Northern Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station, and its location, Missoula, Montana. The Missoula research station was established with the passage of the McSweeney-McNary Act of 1928.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Priest River Experiment Station Annual Reports, MG 5755, Special Collections and Archives, University of Idaho Library, Moscow, Idaho.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Brewster, Donald E.
- Priest River Experimental Station (Priest River, Idaho).
- United States. Forest Service.
- Priest River Experimental Forest (Idaho).