Honors College Records, 1996-2008 PDF
- Oregon State University. University Honors College.
- Honors College Records
- 1996-2008 (inclusive)19962008
- 0.05 cubic foot, (2 boxes, including 1 oversize box)
- Collection Number
- RG 238
- The Honors College Records consist of annual reports, a guide for the 2008 thesis fair, and College newsletters and publications. The University Honors College was established at Oregon State University in 1995 and is a degree-granting college that awards the Honors Baccalaureate Degree in any undergraduate major.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The University Honors College was established at Oregon State University in 1995 and is a degree-granting college that awards the Honors Baccalaureate Degree in any undergraduate major. The first cohort of Honors College students graduated in June 1997.
Jon (Joe) Hendricks served as the founding Dean of the University Honors College from 1995 until early 2008. Dan Arp was appointed Dean in May 2008.
An earlier campus-wide Honors Program was active from the mid-1960s until 1991, when it was terminated due to budget constraints.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Honors College Records consist of annual reports for 1996/1997 and 1997/1998; a guide to the 2008 thesis fair; and publications. The annual reports provide statistical information on student recruitment, enrollment, and retention and information about academic programs and student activities, fundraising, and all aspects of the College.
The publications include The Chronicle, the official student publication of the University Honors College (UHC), for 1996-2002; HonorsLink for 1999 and 2007-2008; and a Summer 1997 newsletter, University Honors College Connection. The Chronicle includes both creative works written by UHC students and news items. All of the publications include information about UHC students, faculty, and administrators and the academic programs of the College.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Honors College Records (RG 238), Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Student activities--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Universities and colleges--Honors courses--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State University--Faculty.
- Oregon State University--Students.
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Arp, D. J. (creator)
- Hendricks, Jon, 1943- (creator)