UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio and video recordings: A. W. Entwistle recordings: Entwistle 1995 Field Collection, 1995 PDF
- Entwistle, A. W.
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio and video recordings: A. W. Entwistle recordings: Entwistle 1995 Field Collection
- 31 items : 96-5.1-19 OT - 19 DATs (digital, stereo); 96-15.20-25 OT - 6 audio cassettes (stereo, Dolby B); 96-5.26-31 OT - 6 vcts (8mm); Duration: 58:00:00
- Collection Number
- Recordings made by Alan W. Entwistle mainly in Lohban Village (Mathura District, U.P., India), October-November 1995.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Unrestricted: collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Alan Entwistle, from Darwen, Lancashire, is an author, filmmaker, and former music journalist. As a film-maker, Entwistle has written and directed close to a dozen short films. He has also become an expert of the electric guitar and its components. For over 5 decades he has worked and designed guitars for many brands.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Original DAT tapes sent to ARCE, Delhi; clones kept by the University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives; copies of cassette tapes and 8mm videocassettes also sent to ARCE, Delhi.
Collector's documentation lists additional DAT tape D-19 not deposited; 96-5.29-31 OT (three videocassettes) not given field numbers by collector.
Documentation: Descriptive information provided by collector.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Video recordings in ethnomusicology
- Geographical Names :
- India--Asia--South Asia
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Video recordings
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Bhagawāna Siṅgha, -1902 (performer)
- Harphul (performer)