Lucia Eugenia Lamb Everett diary, 1862 PDF
- Everett, Lucia Eugenia Lamb, 1840-1918
- Lucia Eugenia Lamb Everett diary
- 1862 (inclusive)18621862
- 1 folder, (0.25 linear feet)
- Collection Number
- The Lucia Eugenia Lamb Everett diary (1862) describes her overland journey to Nevada in a horse-drawn wagon. She includes descriptions of buffalo skulls, encounters with Indians, and the crossing of rivers and creeks.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
The original diary is located in the Manuscripts Division Reserve Collection and is only accessible with permission from the curator.
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Lucia Eugenia Lamb was born in Illinois on 3 June 1840. On 13 May 1862, she married Joseph Allen Everett, and on that same day started an overland journey to Nevada with her new husband. They settled in Virginia City, Nevada, then moved to Grass Valley, California, in 1865. There she lived until her death in 1918.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Lucia Eugenia Lamb Everett diary (1862) describes her overland journey to Nevada in a horse-drawn wagon. She includes descriptions of buffalo skulls, encounters with Indians, and the crossing of rivers and creeks. Although the flyleaf bears an ending date of September 27, the diary ends just west of Fort Laramie on 6 July 1862. Two letters dealing with the purchase of the diary in 1982 are also included.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The library does not claim to control copyright for all materials in the collection. An individual depicted in a reproduction has privacy rights as outlined in Title 45 CFR, part 46 (Protection of Human Subjects). For further information, please review the J. Willard Marriott Library’s Use Agreement and Reproduction Request forms.
Initial Citation: Lucia Eugenia Lamb Everett diary, MS 0583, Box [ ]. Special Collections and Archives. University of Utah, J. Willard Marriott. Salt Lake City, Utah.
Following Citations: MS 0583.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Frontier and pioneer life
- Overland journeys to the Pacific
- Women pioneers--West (U.S.)--Diaries
- Women--United States--Diaries
- Personal Names :
- Everett, Lucia Eugenia Lamb, 1840-1918--Diaries
- Form or Genre Terms :