Clive and Vanessa Bell Papers, 1902-1957 PDF
- Clive and Vanessa Bell Papers
- 1902-1957 (inclusive)19021957
- .05 linear feet of shelf space, (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- Cage 5069 (collection)
- Incoming correspondence to Clive and Vanessa Bell (19 items).
- Washington State University Libraries, Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections.
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open and available for research use.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Clive Bell (1881-1964) and Vanessa Stephen married in 1907. Clive, an English art critic, and Vanessa, an English painter, designer, and older sister of Virginia Woolf, were at the center of the famous Bloomsbury group. In about 1907, this circle of artists and writers began gathering frequently in the Bells' home at 46 Gordon Square.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection consists of incoming correspondence to Clive and Vanessa Bell (19 items). Correspondents include Stephen Tallents, Eric MacLagan, H. F. Stewart, James W. Morrice, Noel F. Barwell, Ainslie J. Robertson, Lord Ponsonby, Margaret Snowdon, John Waller Hills, Walter Lamb, Sylvia Milman, John T. Shepard.
Topics include personal, political, and literary matters.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Copyright restrictions may apply.
[Item Description] Clive and Vanessa Bell Papers, 1902-1957
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Artists -- England -- Correspondence
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence
- Personal Names :
- Bell, Clive, 1881-1964 -- Correspondence
- Bell, Vanessa, 1879-1961 -- Correspondence
- Corporate Names :
- Bloomsbury Group