Oral history interview with Solomon Azose, 2018 PDF
- Azose, Solomon
- Oral history interview with Solomon Azose
- 2018 (inclusive)20182018
- Originals as received: 1 digital audio file (WAV) and 1 computer file (PDF)
- Collection Number
- 6214 (Accession No. 6214-001)
- Audio and transcript from an interview with Solomon Azose on the Sephardic community in Seattle as well as his jewelry business
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
No restrictions on access.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Solomon "Mo" Azose was born in Seattle in 1927. His family immigrated to Seattle from Marmara, Turkey in the early part of the century where his father would later found Leo Azose & Sons Jewelers.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Oral history audio and transcript of interview with Solomon "Mo" Azose conducted by Jeremy Erlich on February 27, 2018.
Mo Azose talks about life in Seattle through most of the 20th and into the 21st century. He talks about his experience with and involvement in the Sephardic community as well as his professional life as a jeweler and his jewelry business in Seattle. He also talks about his wife Mary and his family life in Washington.
Other Descriptive InformationReturn to Top
Forms part of the Washington State Jewish Archives.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Listen to the audio recording and view the transcript of this interview on the Libraries Digital Collections site.
Creator's copyrights transferred to the University of Washington Libraries Special Collections.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Jewelers--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Jewish men--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- Personal Names :
- Azose, Solomon,--Interviews
- Corporate Names :
- Azose & Son (Firm)
- Summit at First Hill (Seattle,Wash
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- Washington State Jewish Archives (University of Washington)