- Arbor Fund
- Arbor Fund records
- 1970-1991 (inclusive)19701991
- .63 cubic feet (2 boxes)
- Collection Number
- 4572 (Accession No. 4572-001)
- Records of a corporation whose primary activity is to manage, operate, develop, improve, expand and financially support the Bloedel Reserve for the benefit of the public and students
University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Open to all users.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
A corporation whose primary activity is to manage, operate, develop, improve, expand and financially support The Bloedel Reserve for the benefit of the public and students. The Board of Trustees are the governing body of the corporation. In 1970, Prentice Bloedel and Virginia Merrill Bloedel gave the Board of Regents of the University of Washington their home and land on Bainbridge Island for the purpose of developing and maintaining an arboretum and natural reserve devoted to the education of students and the general public. In 1986, the Board of Regents conveyed The Bloedel Reserve to The Arbor Fund.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Articles of incorporation, bylaws, deed of gift, management agreement, statement of purpose, minutes, annual reports, financial records, reports and recommendations, statistics, policies and procedures that were provided to members of the Board of Trustees in notebooks. Retaining the notebook arrangement, these materials are arranged chronologically by notebook.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Creator's literary rights transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1/1||Trustee notebook with minutes, by-laws, deed of gift||1970-1986|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Arboretums--Washington (State)--Bainbridge Island
- Arboretums--Washington (State)--History--Sources
- Natural areas--Washington (State)--History--Sources
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- Corporate Names :
- Arbor Fund--Archives
- Geographical Names :
- Bloedel Reserve (Wash.)--History--Sources