Hirsch Weis Company records, 1890-1963 PDF
- Hirsch Weis Co. (Portland, Or.)
- Hirsch Weis Company records
- 1890-1963 (inclusive)18901963
- 2 cubic feet (2 document cases and 2 flat boxes)
- Collection Number
- Mss 1436
- Collection includes ledgers, price lists, scrapbook, bills and correspondence of the the Hirsch Weis Company and other related companies.
- Oregon Historical Society, Davies Family Research Library
Davies Family Research Library
Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open to the public.
- Conversion of this record was made possible by a grant from the National Historic Publications and Records Commission, an agency of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection includes: Ledgers of Harold Hirsch, president of Hirsch Weis, 8 vols., 1905-1938; Price lists, 1947-1948; Typescript history of the company, "Success Story", 1 vol., 24 January 1962, by Richfield; Scrapbook, bills and correspondence of the Willamette Tent and Awning Company, 1890-1911; Correspondence of the White Stag Company, 1898-1929; Newspaper clippings, catalogs, reports and ephemera; Copies of public addresses by Harold Hirsch, 1956-1963; Correspondence, fabric swatches and designs for ski wear for the 1944-45 and 1958-60 seasons.
Other Descriptive InformationReturn to Top
Contains material previously designated Mss 1436-1
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society owns the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Research Library prior to any reproduction use. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all materials in the collections, In some cases, permission for use may require seeking additional authorization from copyright owners.
Hirsch Weis Company Records, Mss 1436, Oregon Historical Society Research Library.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Clothing trade -- Oregon -- Portland.
- Sport clothes.
- Textile industry -- Oregon -- Portland.
- Corporate Names :
- Hirsch Weis Co. (Portland, Or.) -- Records and correspondence.
- White Stag Manufacturing Company -- Records and correspondence.
- Willamette Tent & Awning Co.
- Family Names :
- Hirsch, Harold, -- 1907-1990.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Account books. -- aat
- Administrative records. -- aat
- Letters (correspondence) -- aat
- Printed ephemera. -- aat
- Scrapbooks. -- aat