Dornblaser Field photograph album, 1925 PDF
- Dornblaser Field photograph album
- 1925 (inclusive)19251925
- 1 album
- Collection Number
- Mss 723
- Photograph album documenting the construction of Dornblaser Field, the athletic field and stadium at the University of Montana in Missoula.
- University of Montana, Mansfield Library, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
University of Montana
32 Campus Dr. #9936
- Access Restrictions
Researchers must use collection in accordance with the policies of Archives and Special Collections, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, and The University of Montana-Missoula.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Construction of Dornblaser Field on the University of Montana campus in Missoula was planned in the early 1920s, but for financial reasons work did not begin until 1925. The field was named for Paul Dornblaser, an exceptional student and athlete who was killed in World War I.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This photograph album contains images and a small amount of explanatory text documenting the construction of Dornblaser Field on the University of Montana Missoula (State University of Montana) campus in 1925. A number of the individuals involved in the construction work are named including Arnie Gillette, Cammie Meagher, Andy Cogswell, Ted Hodges, Bill Hodges, Hungry Griffin, Tom Streit, R. C. Hugenin, Henry Kain and Bob Dalke. The album ends with a photograph of W. E. Schreiber, Professor of Physical Education, and the caption "Doc and his gym."
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. and any other applicable statutes. Copyright not transferred to The University of Montana
[Name of document or photograph number], Dornblaser Field Photograph Album, Archives and Special Collections, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, The University of Montana-Missoula.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Football stadiums--Montana--Missoula--Design and construction--Photographs
- Corporate Names :
- Dornblaser Field (Missoula, Mont. : 1925-1968)--Photographs
- State University of Montana (Missoula)--Football
- State University of Montana (Missoula)--Photographs
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photograph albums--Montana--Missoula