UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Marcia Bellamy recordings: Joe Heaney Collection, 1983 PDF
- Bellamy, Marcia
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Marcia Bellamy recordings: Joe Heaney Collection
- 1 items : EC - 1 reel (7.5 ips, 2 tr. stereo, 7"); WT - 1 DAT (digital, stereo); Duration: 00:20:24
- Collection Number
- Recorded during a single lesson with Joe Heaney, University of Washington, 1983.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Unrestricted: collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Marcia Bellamy is a Brighton-based mezzo-soprano, who earned her masters in music at the University of Washington. Bellamy's vocal expertise ranges across opera, music theatre, and sacred music. She has sung throughout Europe and North America in concert, opera, and recital. She learned her craft as a soloist at the Deutsche Oper Berlin before embarking on a freelance career.
Joe Heaney (AKA Joe Éinniú; Irish: Seosamh Ó hÉanaí) (1919 - 1984) was an Irish traditional (sean nós) singer from County Galway, Ireland. He spent most of his adult life abroad, living in England, Scotland and New York City, in the course of which he recorded hundreds of songs. A magnificent singer in both Gaelic and English, Heaney sings in sean-nos, the highly ornamented style of traditional Irish song.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Contents listed on logsheet.
Documentation: Heaney index
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1985021-0001: Joe Heaney Collection: Marcia Bellamy Lesson
1 audiotape : Audio Reel; Tracks: 2
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Rural Irish--Europe--British Isles
- Geographical Names :
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Bellamy, Marcia (performer)
- Heaney, Joe, 1919-1984 (performer)