Melchi Johnson letter, August 30, 1869 PDF
- Johnson, Melchi
- Melchi Johnson letter
- August 30, 1869 18691869
- 0.025 linear feet, (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- CA 1869 Aug 30
- Melchi Johnson, of Bethel, Polk County, Oregon, wrote a letter dated August 30, 1869, to his daughter. The collection contains the letter in which Johnson reminds his daughter that she has not been forgotten by her family.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
In the letter, Johnson is concerned that the daughter might feel neglected and reminds her of all the reasons she is not forgotten, and also informs the daughter about the property in Salem that the family is considering purchasing.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Melchi Johnson letter, CA 1869 Aug 30, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Fathers and daughters--Oregon--Correspondence
- Frontier and pioneer life--Oregon
- Real property--Oregon--Salem
- Personal Names :
- Johnson, Melchi--Correspondence
- Family Names :
- Johnson family--Correspondence
- Geographical Names :
- Bethel (Polk County, Or.)--Social life and customs--19th century
- Oregon--Social life and customs--19th century
- Salem (Or.)--History--19th century
- Form or Genre Terms :