Collection is open for research.
Beginning in 1926, the Oregon State University College of Foresty has acquired and managed a number of forest properties for the purposes of research and instruction. The largest and oldest of these tracts of land is the McDonald/Dunn Research Forest which was purchased with funds donated by Mary McDonald. The forest currently consists of approximately 11,250 acres.
The McDonald Forest Aerial Photographs consist of photographic prints (9x9 inches) made by Western Aerial Contractors, Inc. (WAC Corp.) of Eugene, Oregon, on July 23, 1962. The photographs depict the forest cover within the McDonald Forest as well as areas immediately surrounding the forest. The photographs are at an approximate scale 1:12,000 and were made in 7 north-south flight lines. An index map showing the flight lines and locations of images is part of the collection.
McDonald Forest Aerial Photographs (P 294), Oregon State University Special Collections & Archives Research Center, Corvallis, Oregon.