Church Women United Records, 1925-1982 PDF
- Church Women United. Boise, Idaho
- Church Women United Records
- 1925-1982 (inclusive)19251982
- 2.0 linear feet, (2 boxes)
- Collection Number
- MSS 016
- Constitution, minute books, and a scrapbook from Church Women United of Boise, Idaho, an interdenominational Christian women's organization. Collection also includes records of the organization’s Legislative Committee for the Victims of Domestic Violence, which lobbied to fund shelters for domestic violence victims in Idaho and helped coordinate the Coalition for Victims of Domestic Violence.
- Boise State University Library, Special Collections and Archives
Special Collections and Archives
1910 University Drive
- Access Restrictions
Collection is available for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Inter-Church council of women formed in Boise, Idaho in 1925, holding its first meeting on December 10, 1925 at the Young Women Christian Association (YWCA) building. The organization was known successively as the Inter-Church Council of Women (until 1949), the Boise Council of Church Women (1949-1957), and the United Church Women of Boise (1957-1967). In 1967 the group joined the national Church Women United organization. In 1981 and 1982 a Legislative Committee for Victims of Domestic Violence worked to have a bill passed that would fund shelters for domestic violence victims in Idaho.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Constitution, minute books (1926-1934, 1943-1953), and scrapbook (1941-1977) of the Interdenominational Christian women's organization; formerly known as the Inter-Church Council of Women (until 1949), Boise Council of Church Women (1949-1957), United Church Women of Boise (1957-1967), and Church Women United in Boise (since 1967).
Collection also includes correspondence, minutes, press releases, clippings, and other records relating to the organization’s Legislative Committee for the Victims of Domestic Violence, which lobbied for a bill to fund shelters for domestic violence victims in Idaho and helped coordinate the work of the Coalition for Victims of Domestic Violence.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
[item description], Church Women United Records, Box [number] Folder [number], Boise State University Special Collections and Archives.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||1-3||Coalition for Victims of Domestic Violence||1981-1982|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Boise (Idaho)--Societies, etc.--Religion
- Boise (Idaho)--Societies, etc.--Women
- Christian women--Idaho
- Family violence--Law and legislation--Idaho
- Idaho--Societies, etc.--Religion
- Idaho--Societies, etc.--Women
- Interdenominational cooperation--Idaho
- Women’s shelters--Idaho
- Women--Idaho--Societies and clubs