Henry Brown Papers, 1848-1931 PDF
- Brown, Henry, Reverend
- Henry Brown Papers
- 1848-1931 (inclusive)18481931
- 0.5 linear feet, (2 scrapbooks, 1 box, 1 manuscript)
- Collection Number
- This collection contains the personal reminiscences of Methodist minister Reverend Henry Brown, who ministered in Iowa and eastern Washington state. The collection includes scrapbooks and newsclippings.
- University of Puget Sound, Archives & Special Collections
University of Puget Sound Archives & Special Collections
Collins Memorial Library
1500 N. Warner St.
- Access Restrictions
This collection is available for research.
- Funding for preparing this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Henry Brown was a pastor for the Methodist church in Iowa, and in Spokane and Walla Walla, Washington.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection contains Reverend Henry Brown's personal reminiscences about his pioneer days as a Methodist pastor in Iowa and eastern Washington (esp. Spokane and Walla Walla). There are two scrapbooks consisting mostly of articles, poems, temperance tracts and news items. The second scrapbook is composed of editorial extracts from the Oregonian newspaper from 1887-1904.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Methodist Church--Clergy
- Pioneers--Washington (State)
- Geographical Names :
- Washington (State)