Collection is open for research.
The Faculty Men's Club, founded as the Men's Faculty Club in 1930, was formed to promote "unity, cooperation, and fellowship" among OSU's male faculty and staff, and to "advance the understanding of higher education in Oregon." G. V. Copson was the first president. The club had a lounge on the second floor of the Memorial Union. The club disbanded in 1969 after a request in 1968 from the Memorial Union Board of Directors to vacate the Faculty Lounge in the Memorial Union. The remaining funds of the Club were transferred to the OSU Foundation in 1979 for construction of the Cultural and Conference Center.
Records include a constitution and bylaws (circa 1950), correspondence, programs and agendas, meeting minutes, and membership lists. The records include correspondence pertaining to the disbanding of the organization in the late 1960s and the disposition of the club's treasury.