William Lee diary [photocopies], 1858-1859 PDF
- Lee, William
- William Lee diary [photocopies]
- 1858-1859 (inclusive)18581859
- 1 folder, (0.25 linear feet)
- Collection Number
- The William Lee diary consists of a photocopy of the notes taken by Lee while on a journey across the plains.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The William Lee diary consists of a photocopy of the notes taken by Lee while on a journey across the plains. The caption title states, "A copy of my notes taken while on a journey across the plains from Washington to Genoa, Carson Valley, Utah. From April 11th 1858 to Oct. 25th 1859." The journal was kept on the trip through Utah to Genoa, Nevada, with the Simpson Survey.
Copied at the Library of Congress, Washington, D. C. in 1980.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The library does not claim to control copyright for all materials in the collection. An individual depicted in a reproduction has privacy rights as outlined in Title 45 CFR, part 46 (Protection of Human Subjects). For further information, please review the J. Willard Marriott Library’s Use Agreement and Reproduction Request forms.
Initial Citation: William Lee diary [photocopies], ACCN 0673, Box [ ]. Special Collections and Archives. University of Utah, J. Willard Marriott. Salt Lake City, Utah.
Following Citations: ACCN 0673.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Overland journeys to the Pacific
- Surveyors--United States--Diaries
- Utah Expedition, 1857-1858--Personal narratives
- Personal Names :
- Lee, William--Diaries
- Geographical Names :
- West (U.S.)--Description and travel
- Form or Genre Terms :