Student Assembly Records, 1903-1923 PDF
- Oregon Agricultural College. Student Assembly.
- Student Assembly Records
- 1903-1923 (inclusive)19031923
- 0.2 cubic foot, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- RG 043
- The Student Assembly Records document the activities of the student government at Oregon Agricultural College from 1903 to 1923.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Student Assembly was established "for the purpose of arranging the various departments of student enterprises under a centralized head, and to secure united action upon all questions which may come before this organization." The Student Assembly initially consisted of three departments: the Athletic Department; the Department of Oratory and Debate; and the Department of Publications, which was reponsible for publication of the College Barometer. The Assembly was subsequently known as the Associated Students of Oregon State College (or University).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Student Assembly Records document the organization and activities of the student government for Oregon Agricultural College through published constitutions and minutes.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Microfilm of a portion of the collection (1910 revised constitution and minutes for 1903-1906) was produced in 1967. The security copy is housed in the Oregon State Archives Security Copy Depository; a use copy is not currently available.
Student Assembly Records (RG 43), Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||Series I: Constitutions
Series I includes the constitutions dated 1906, 1910, 1913, 1917 and 1920. The constitutions address membership, officers, meetings, student fees, and student discipline procedures.
|1||Series II: Minutes
In addition to handwritten minutes of meetings, Series II includes typed resolutions; copies of outgoing and incoming correspondence; and clippings. Many of the actions recorded in the minutes pertain to athletics.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- College student newspapers and periodicals--Oregon--Corvallis.
- College student government--Oregon--Corvallis.
- College sports--Oregon--Corvallis.
- College students--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Student activities-Oregon--Corvallis.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon Agricultural College--Students.