Clackamas County Probate Court land deed to James Athey, September 16, 1850 PDF
- Oregon Territory. Probate Court (Clackamas County).
- Clackamas County Probate Court land deed to James Athey
- September 16, 1850 18501850
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- CA 1850 Sept 16
- The collection consists of a single probate court document deeding "lots numbered one and two" to James Athey.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection consists of a single probate court document deeding "lots numbered one and two" to James Athey.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Around 1851, James M. Athey applied for and received this land claim near the Tualatin River (Wankers Corner), where he built a small steamship.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Clackamas County Probate Court land deed to James Athey, CA 1850 Sept 16, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Land titles--Oregon Territory
- Personal Names :
- Athey, James M
- Geographical Names :
- Clackamas County (Or.)--History--19th century
- Oregon Territory--Claims
- Form or Genre Terms :