Lafayette Grover diary, 1851-1853 PDF
- Grover, La Fayette, 1823-1911
- Lafayette Grover diary
- 1851-1853 (inclusive)18511853
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- A 042
- Lafayette Grover served as Governor of Oregon from 1870-1877 and then resigned to become a United States Senator. His diary includes entries on his travels from Philadelphia to Portland and on his relations with figures such as Chief Justice Nelson along with his view on legislature.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Lafayette Grover's diary includes entries on his travels from Philadelphia to Portland and on his relations with figures such as Chief Justice Nelson.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
La Fayette Grover (1823-1911) served as Governor of Oregon from 1870-1877 and was then resigned to become a United States Senator.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Lafayette Grover diary, A 042, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Geographical Names :
- Oregon National Historic Trail--Description and travel
- Oregon Territory--Politics and government
- Form or Genre Terms :