Louis Preston Trimble papers, 1947-1968 PDF
- Trimble, Louis, 1917-
- Louis Preston Trimble papers
- 1947-1968 (inclusive)19471968
- 9.0 linear feet, (8 containers)
- Collection Number
- Ax 251
- Louis Preston Trimble (1917-) is a writer of western and mystery fiction. The collection consists of manuscripts, professional correspondence, contracts and accounting files, and correspondence with the Western Writers of America.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Additional Reference Guides
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Louis Preston Trimble (1917-) is a writer of western and mystery fiction. He was born in Seattle, Washington and educated at Eastern Washington College of Education and the University of Washington. He has worked as a logger and housepainter and now teaches at the University of Washington. His books appear under his own name and under the pseudonyms Stuart Brock and Gerry Travis.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection consists of manuscripts, professional correspondence, contracts and accounting files, and papers relating to the Western Writers of America from 1947-1968.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Louis Trimble Preston papers, Ax 251, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Authors, American--20th century
- Detective and mystery stories--Authorship
- Western stories--Authorship
- Personal Names :
- Trimble, Louis, 1917-
- Trimble, Louis, 1917---Correspondence
- Corporate Names :
- Western Writers of America.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication
- Mystery fiction
- Western stories