Charles Cather letter, 1870 PDF
- Cather, Charles
- Charles Cather letter
- 1870 (inclusive)18701870
- 1 folder, (0.25 linear feet)
- Collection Number
- The Charles Cather letter (1870) consists of one three-page letter, in photograph format, from Cather to his sister, Jinnie Cather. Cather writes of his adventures prospecting through the "Western Wildes" of Wyoming, New Mexico, Colorado, and Kansas.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Charles Cather was the father of famous author, Willa Cather.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Charles Cather letter (1870) consists of one three-page letter, in photograph format, from Cather to his sister, Jinnie Cather. Cather writes of his adventures prospecting through the "Western Wildes" of Wyoming, New Mexico, Colorado, and Kansas.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The library does not claim to control copyright for all materials in the collection. An individual depicted in a reproduction has privacy rights as outlined in Title 45 CFR, part 46 (Protection of Human Subjects). For further information, please review the J. Willard Marriott Library’s Use Agreement and Reproduction Request forms.
Initial Citation: Charles Cather letter, MS 0356, Box [ ]. Special Collections and Archives. University of Utah, J. Willard Marriott. Salt Lake City, Utah.
Following Citations: MS 0356.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Travelers--United States--Correspondence
- Personal Names :
- Cather, Charles--Correspondence
- Cather, Jinnie--Correspondence
- Geographical Names :
- West (U.S.)--Description and travel
- Form or Genre Terms :