James Willis Nesmith letter to Asahel Bush, 1854 April 4 PDF
- Nesmith, James Willis,1820-1885.
- James Willis Nesmith letter to Asahel Bush
- 1854 April 4 (inclusive)1854040418540404
- .02 cubic feet (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- Mss 1512
- Letter from James Willis Nesmith, Salem, Oregon, to Asahel Bush, Westfield, Massachusetts, 2 pp, 4 April 1854, regarding politics and scandals, and a plan to "secretly" remove "Gardner" and appoint "Billy Pricks" in his place.
- Oregon Historical Society, Davies Family Research Library
Davies Family Research Library
Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open to the public.
- Conversion of this record was made possible by a grant from the National Historic Publications and Records Commission, an agency of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Letter from James Willis Nesmith, Salem, Oregon, to Asahel Bush, Westfield, Massachusetts, 2 pp, 4 April 1854, regarding politics and scandals, and a plan to "secretly" remove "Gardner" and appoint "Billy Pricks" in his place.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society is the owner of the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Research Library prior to any use of reproductions. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all the materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use of reproductions may require seeking additional authorization from the copyright holders.
James Willis Nesmith letter to Asahel Bush, Mss 1512, Oregon Historical Society Research Library.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Politics and government -- Oregon Territory.
- Family Names :
- Bush, Asahel, -- 1824-1913 -- Correspondence.
- Nesmith, James Willis, -- 1820-1885 -- Correspondence.
- Geographical Names :
- Oregon Territory -- Politics and government.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Letters (correspondence) -- aat