G. Heitkemper Company records, 1874-1924 PDF
- G. Heitkemper Company (Portland, Or.).Heitkemper, FrankHeitkemper, Gerhard
- G. Heitkemper Company records
- 1874-1924 (inclusive)18741924
- 4.0 linear feet, (4 containers)
- Collection Number
- Bx 195
- The G. Heitkemper Company was a wholesale and retail jeweler in Portland, Oregon, incorporated by Gerhard Heitkemper, Frank A. Heitkemper, and Edward Cookingham in 1896. The records include thirteen ledgers that contain pre-corporation records as well as post-corporation minutes, correspondence, financial records and other communications from 1874-1924.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections & University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Gerhard Heitkemper, Frank A. Heitkemper, and Edward Cookingham incorporated the G. Heitkemper Co., wholesale and retail jewelers, in Portland, Oregon on Feburary 15, 1896. The firm was dissolved December 15, 1909, and immediately reformed as a partnership by Gerhard and Frank A. Heitkemper. Before coming to Oregon, Gerhard Heitkemper operated jewelry stores in Ohio and Iowa.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The records include fourteen ledgers that contain pre-corporation records as well as corporation minutes, correspondence, financial records and other communications from 1874-1924.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], G. Heitkemper Company records, Bx 195, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Business enterprises--Oregon--Portland
- Business, Industry, and Labor
- Jewelry stores--Oregon--Portland
- Jewelry trade--Oregon--Portland
- Personal Names :
- Heitkemper, Frank
- Heitkemper, Gerhard
- Corporate Names :
- G. Heitkemper Company (Portland, Or.)--Records and correspondence.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Financial records
- Ledgers (account books)