Caleb Cushing collection, 1843-1964 PDF
- Cushing, Caleb, 1800-1879.
- Caleb Cushing collection
- 1843-1964 (inclusive)18431964
- .02 cubic feet (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- Mss 1077
- Collection includes correspondence of Caleb Cushing, 1843-1847, of historical significance to Oregon.
- Oregon Historical Society, Davies Family Research Library
Davies Family Research Library
Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open to the public.
- Conversion of this record was made possible by a grant from the National Historic Publications and Records Commission, an agency of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection includes: Photostat and typescript copies correspondence of Caleb Cushing, 1843-1847, of historical significance to Oregon, including letters from John Newmarch Cushing, Hall Jackson Kelley, George W. LeBreton, Jason Lee, and John M. Shivley; Typescript letters discussing the Caleb Cushing papers at the Library of Congress, and an inventory to the materials, 1964.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society is the owner of the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Research Library prior to any use of reproductions. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all the materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use of reproductions may required seeking additional authorization from the copyright holders.
Caleb Cushing Collection, Mss 1077, Oregon Historical Society Research Library.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Family Names :
- Cushing, Caleb, -- 1800-1879 -- Correspondence.
- Cushing, John Newmarch, -- 1779-1849 -- Correspondence.
- Kelley, Hall J. -- (Hall Jackson), -- 1790-1874 -- Correspondence.
- LeBreton, George W. -- Correspondence.
- Lee, Jason, -- 1803-1845 -- Correspondence.
- Shively, J. M. (John M.) -- Correspondence.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Finding aids. -- aat
- Letters (correspondence) -- aat