Ruth Myers Franchere papers, 1958-1969 PDF
- Franchere, Ruth Myers
- Ruth Myers Franchere papers
- 1958-1969 (inclusive)19581969
- 1.5 linear feet, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- Ax 548
- Ruth Franchere was born in Mason City, Iowa and educated at the University of Iowa. Franchere was an author of books for juveniles, such as Willa and Hannah Herself. The collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, and research notes.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Ruth Franchere was born in Mason City, Iowa to H. Verne and Celta Huffman. She married Hoyt Franchere, an author, in 1928, and graduated from the University of Iowa in 1930. Franchere was an author of books for juveniles and a member of the Author's Guild and the Author's League of America. She was an English lecturer at the University of Oregon, University of Washington and Portland State University.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, and research notes. There are six manuscripts, 156 letters sent and 303 letters received.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Ruth Myers Franchere Papers, Ax 548, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
I: ManuscriptsReturn to Top
The Travels of Colin O'Dae
II: Correspondence (1957-1968)Return to Top
T. Y. Crowell
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Women authors, American--20th century
- Young adult literature, American--Authorship
- Personal Names :
- Franchere, Ruth--Correspondence
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication