Rufus Cecil Holman papers, 1929-1944 PDF
- Holman, Rufus Cecil, 1877-1959.
- Rufus Cecil Holman papers
- 1929-1944 (inclusive)19291944
- .25 cubic feet (3 folders)
- Collection Number
- Mss 1396
- Collection include correspondence and speeches by Holman. Rufus Cecil Holman (1877-1959) was a Portland business man, Oregon State Treasurer, 1931-39, and U. S. Senator, 1939-45.
- Oregon Historical Society Research Library
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open to the public.
- Conversion of this record was made possible by a grant from the National Historic Publications and Records Commission, an agency of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Rufus Cecil Holman (1877-1959) was a Portland business man, Oregon State Treasurer, 1931-39, and U. S. Senator, 1939-45.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection includes: Correspondence with Philip H. Parrish, editor of the Oregonian, Harold L. Ickes, George C. Marshall, Army Chief of Staff, and Donald M. Nelson, Chairman of War Production Board, 1933-1944, regarding national politics relating to World War II, and the mineral, power and war production resources of the Pacific Northwest; Speeches, 1929-1941, including some speeches printed in "Congressional Record."
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society is the owner of the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Research Library prior to any use of reproductions. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all the materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use of reproductions may required seeking additional authorization from the copyright holders.
Rufus Cecil Holman Papers, Mss 1396, Oregon Historical Society Research Library.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Mines and mineral resources -- Northwest, Pacific.
- Neutrality -- United States.
- Power resources -- Northwest, Pacific.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Equipment and supplies.
- Family Names :
- Holman, Rufus Cecil, -- 1877-1959 -- Archives.
- Holman, Rufus Cecil, -- 1877-1959 -- Correspondence.
- Ickes, Harold L. -- (Harold LeClair), -- 1874-1952 -- Correspondence.
- Marshall, George C. -- (George Catlett), -- 1880-1959 -- Correspondence.
- Nelson, Donald Marr, -- 1888-1959 -- Correspondence.
- Parrish, Philip H. -- (Philip Hammon), -- b. 1896 -- Correspondence.
- Geographical Names :
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1933-1945.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Letters (correspondence) -- aat
- Speeches. -- aat