- J.E. Haseltine & Co.
- J. E. Haseltine and Co. records
- 1868-1959 (inclusive)18681959
12 linear feet, (55 volumes)
- Collection Number
- Bx 193
- J. E. Haseltine & Co. of Portland, Oregon specialized in heavy hardware and was one of the first companies to stock automotive equipment. Collection contains cash, sundry, and sales account ledgers, accounts receivable and payable ledgers, stock inventory book, country and city ledgers, and catalogues from 1868-1959.
University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
James Edwin Haseltine (1833- ) came to Oregon in 1883. He joined the Portland, Oregon firm of E. J. Northrup & Co. and became half owner of the company. The name of the business was changed to J. E. Haseltine & Co. in 1886. The company incorporated in 1897. It specialized in heavy hardware and was one of the first companies to stock automotive equipment.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection contains fifty-five volumes including cash, sundry, and sales account ledgers, accounts receivable and payable ledgers, stock inventory book, country and city ledgers, and catalogues from 1868-1959.
There are three more volumes in another J.E. Haseltine collection in Special Collections and University of Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the J. E. Haseltine and Co. Records|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Automobile supplies industry--United States
- Hardware industry--United States
- Hardware stores--Oregon--Portland
- Personal Names :
- Haseltine, J. E.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Financial records
- Ledgers (account books)