James Huddleston papers, 1852-1890 PDF
- Huddleston, James, 1824-1890
- James Huddleston papers
- 1852-1890 (inclusive)18521890
- 0.15 linear feet, (3 folders)
- Collection Number
- A 057
- James Huddleston (1824-1890) was a Eugene, Oregon, merchant. The papers include personal correspondence, minor account books, and miscellaneous notes.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
James Huddleston's papers include personal correspondence, minor account books, and miscellaneous papers including wedding invitations and a birth announcement.
Among the correspondents are: Jane J. Evans, P. F. Castleman, Alexander P. Ankeny, Stukely Ellsworth, James F. Amis, Andrew J. Dufur.
The Dufur letters (1874) refer to Oregon State Grange cooperative purchasing plans. There are also letters of consolation from the Spencer Butte Lodge chapter of the International Organization of Odd Fellows (1890) written to James Huddleston's wife, Samantha, on his passing.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
James Huddleston (1824-1890) was a merchant. With his wife, Samantha, he lived, worked, and raised a family in Eugene, Oregon. He was also a member of the Spencer's Butte lodge of the International Organization of Odd Fellows (I.O.O.F.).
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], James Huddleston papers, A 057, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Personal Names :
- Dufur, A. J.--Correspondence
- Huddleston, James, 1824-1890
- Huddleston, James, 1824-1890--Correspondence
- Corporate Names :
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows. Spencer Butte Lodge No. 9 (Eugene, Or.)--Records and correspondence.
- Oregon State Grange.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Account books