Eta Sigma Gamma Alpha Tau Chapter Records, 1974-2001 PDF
- Eta Sigma Gamma. Alpha Tau Chapter.
- Eta Sigma Gamma Alpha Tau Chapter Records
- 1974-2001 (inclusive)19742001
- 1.5 cubic feet, including 25 photographs, (2 boxes, including 1 oversize box)
- Collection Number
- MSS EtaSigma
- The Eta Sigma Gamma Alpha Tau Chapter Records document the establishment and activities of the Oregon State University chapter of the Eta Sigma Gamma honorary society for health education. The Alpha Tau Chapter was formed at Oregon State University in 1979 and became inactive in 2001.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Eta Sigma Gamma was established in 1967 at Ball State University as the national professional honorary society for students and professionals in health education. The Alpha Tau chapter was formed at Oregon State University in 1979; it has been inactive since 2001.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Eta Sigma Gamma Alpha Tau Chapter Records consist of materials created and assembled by the Oregon State University chapter (Alpha Tau) of this honorary society for health education and document the establishment of the chapter and its activities during the 1980s and 1990s. The records include annual reports, brochures, bylaws, the chapter charter, certificates, correspondence, financial records, flyers, forms, handbooks, meeting agendas, membership lists, newspaper clippings, a plaque, photographs, publications, and artifacts used in initiation ceremonies. The records reflect activities organized by the chapter, membership management, the establishment of the chapter and recruitment of charter members, and ceremonial procedures. The artifacts include a cloth table drape with the lettering "Eta Sigma Gamma" and a brass oil lamp.
The records include 25 photographs (8 prints and 17 slides) depicting the charter initiation ceremony for the Alpha Tau Chapter, an image of a trillium flower, and a community pumpkin carving event.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Eta Sigma Gamma Alpha Tau Chapter Records (MSS EtaSigma), Oregon State University Special Collections & Archives Research Center, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- College students--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Health education--Study and teaching (Higher)--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State University. Department of Health.
- Oregon State University--Societies, etc.
- Oregon State University--Students.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints.
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State University. Department of Health. (creator)