Bernice Forest Diary, 1916-1917 PDF
- Forest, Bernice
- Bernice Forest Diary
- 1916-1917 (inclusive)19161917
- 0.01 cubic foot, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- MSS Forest
- The Bernice Forest Diary was written by Forest while she was a student a Oregon Agricultural College living in Cauthorn Hall and includes entries about her activities as a student and her family and friends.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Marion Bernice Forest attended Oregon Agricultural College from 1914/15 through 1917/18 and graduated in 1918 with a degree in home economics. She worked for the Extension Service in Wyoming beginning in the mid-1920s. Her sister, Harriet Forest Moore, also attended Oregon Agricultural College and was the the first archivist for Oregon State University.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Bernice Forest Diary includes entries from October 12, 1916 through September 21, 1917 and provides information about her life as an OAC student and her family and friends. It includes entries during the school year from Cauthorn Hall, during vacations from her family home, and during the summer of 1917 from Waldo Hall and her family home. Topics include activities with her friends and sisters and life in her family's rural home near Eugene, Oregon.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- College environment--Oregon--Corvallis.
- College students--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Personal Names :
- Moore, Harriet L. Forest
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon Agricultural College--Students.
- Form or Genre Terms :