Mark L. Hersey papers, 1909-1914 PDF
- Harbord, James G. (James Guthrie), 1866-1947Hersey, Mark Leslie, 1863-1934Bandholtz, Harry Hill, 1864-1925
- Mark L. Hersey papers
- 1909-1914 (inclusive)19091914
- 0.05 linear feet, (2 folders)
- Collection Number
- A 199
- Mark L. Hersey (1863-1934) was appointed inspector of the Philippine Constabulary in 1905 and became chief of the Mindanao District in 1909, where he served until 1914. The collection (1909-1914) contains diaries and correspondence.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Mark L. Hersey (1863-1934) was born in Maine and graduated from the United States Military Academy, West Point, New York, in 1887. He was appointed inspector of the Philippine Constabulary in 1905, and became chief of the Mindanao District, 1909-1914.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection (1909-1914) contains diaries and correspondence.
There are four volumes of diaries, dated from 1910 until 1914
Correspondence consists of incoming letters from General James G. Harbord (1909-1912), and one letter from General Harry H. Bandholtz (1909).
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Mark L. Hersey papers, A 199, Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||2||Letters and ephemera||circa 1909-1914|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Personal Names :
- Bandholtz, Harry Hill, 1864-1925--Correspondence
- Harbord, James G. (James Guthrie), 1866-1947--Correspondence
- Hersey, Mark Leslie, 1863-1934--Correspondence
- Hersey, Mark Leslie, 1863-1934--Diaries
- Corporate Names :
- Philippine Constabulary
- United States. Army--Officers
- Geographical Names :
- Philippines--Politics and government--1898-1935
- Form or Genre Terms :